Last year, Kanye West was on top of the game with Watch The Throne, his album released with Jay-Z. The album went on to become one of the biggest albums of 2012, viewed by many as the best album of 2011. While Kanye West was dominating 2011 with Jay-Z, he was unleashing Big Sean on the world.
During the summer of 2011, G.O.O.D. Music enjoyed a great year, closing the summer with a new deal with Def Jam. While 2011 was good for G.O.O.D., the label was not met with the same type of success as Maybach Music and Young Money. Big Sean announced, during the summer of 2011, a G.O.O.D. Music album would be released in 2012.
However, when 2012 began, Maybach Music continued to dominate and French Montana’s buzz trickled into the New Year. When the spring set in, however, Kanye West made his triumphant return to the game with “Cold.” On the song, Kanye West professed his love for the popular Kim Kardashian and he also dissed Kris Humphries.
From that point on, Kanye West remained one of the biggest topics of the summer. Of course, Kanye West had to share the spotlight with such standouts as Rick Ross and Nas. During the summer, Kanye West would collaborate with both Rick Ross and DJ Khaled, inviting Kim Kardashian to his mixed video for “Wish You Would” and “Cold.” Now, the G.O.O.D. Music album, Cruel Summer, is on the way, hyped by a film of the same title, which premiered in Cannes, early in the summer.
Kanye West has also been able to share his growing spotlight with the artists on his label. Pusha T has enjoyed much success throughout the summer of 2012, appearing alongside Kanye West. “Mercy” and “New God Flow” have enjoyed strong runs throughout the summer. Also, the remix of Chief Keef’s “I Don’t Like” will be included on the album. In addition to Chief Keef, who performs his original hook, Jadakiss makes an appearance on the track.
Over the weekend, the official track listing for Cruel Summer was released. R. Kelly, Mase, The-Dream, Jay-Z, Chief Keef, and Teyana Taylor are featured on the album.
- “To the World” by Kanye West featuring R. Kelly
- “Clique” by Kanye West featuring Jay-Z and Big Sean
- “Mercy” by Kanye West featuring Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz
- “New God Flow” by Pusha T featuring Ghostface Killah and Kanye West
- “The Morning” by Pusha T featuring Raekwon, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi The Prynce, Kid Cudi, and D’Banj
- “Cold” by Kanye West featuring DJ Khaled
- “Higher” by Pusha T featuring The-Dream and Pusha T
- “Sin City” by John Legend featuring Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi The Prynce, and Malik Yusef
- “The One” by Kanye West featuring Big Sean, 2 Chainz, and Marsha Ambrosious
- “Creepers” by Kid Cudi
- “Bliss” by John Legend and Teyana Taylor
- “I Don’t Like (G.O.O.D. Music remix)” by Chief Keef featuring Pusha T, Big Sean, Jadakiss, and Kanye West